Did you know that running is considered one of the best cardiovascular workouts?
Research shows that running for 5 – 10 minutes every day, even at a slower speed of less than 6mph, significantly reduces the risk of diabetes, obesity, and even cardiovascular diseases.
Unfortunately, running for longer durations or too many miles too quickly can cause the knees to suffer the brunt of it and get swollen, strained, or injured.
To avoid suffering knee pains and keep enjoying the benefits of running, you need to start wearing knee braces for extra support.
Knee sleeves are scientifically proven to help you stabilize the body when exercising and enable you to enjoy an intense training session along with your everyday activities.
Moreover, knee sleeves for lifting are an ideal gym gear for anyone who has gone through knee joint surgery, is suffering from swelling or soreness in the knees, and does not want to stay away from their training sessions any longer.
The workout knee sleeves help increase the blood flow in your joints and provide compression, limiting the kneecap movement, helping the joints sense the location, movement, and action, and protecting the knees against injuries while improving body movements.
Features of the Best Knee Sleeves for Running
Reading up articles on knee sleeves and their benefits must have gotten you thinking about an ideal knee sleeve must-have, which can provide you with unlimited benefits.
To help you select the best knee sleeves, we’ve curated the top 5 things you must consider before investing in knee sleeves for running.
When wearing any gear for support or protection purposes, the most important thing is their construction and fabric.
It is extremely important to make sure that the knee sleeves are made with the best quality material so you can easily wear them underneath your clothes.
The knee sleeves should be comfortable to wear and soft enough, so you don’t end up bruising or scratching your skin due to constant friction.
With the construction of the knee sleeves, the next essential element in an ideal knee sleeve for lifting is its breathability.
A knee sleeve must be made with the best quality of lightweight fabric. Such a fabric will ensure the breathability of the sleeves, allowing your skin to breathe through.
Having a tight and sweaty compression knee sleeve will prevent the sweat from evaporating, causing it to produce bacteria, resulting in blisters and skin damage.
3. Support and Firmness
Firmness and support are essential elements in a knee sleeve to keep your joints protected, and in place when running so you don’t end up with swollen or injured knees.
If you’re wearing a knee sleeve, it means that you are looking toward getting extra knee support.
A great knee sleeve will have enough compression to keep the knee joints and knee cap in their place, helping it move within its boundaries and preventing it from getting dislocated.
Compression in a knee sleeve is the pressure and tightness situated on your knee joints while you’re running or lifting heavyweights.
A strong compression allows the knee joints to stay warm during workouts, helping the blood flow smoothly.
A knee sleeve with a substantial amount of compression will allow you to move and work out comfortably and pain-free even if you’re recovering from knee surgery.
5. Mobility and Range of Motion
When you think about wearing a compression sleeve on any of your body joints, the first thing that comes to mind is the range of motion you will be able to enjoy and how mobile your body will be.
When it comes to knee sleeves for lifting, wearing a knee brace gives your knee extra support and firmness that helps you enjoy a controlled yet free range of motion.
The compression in the sleeves keeps your body stable even when you’re performing lateral squats and gives you the added push required to stand back up on your feet.
How Can A Knee Sleeves Help My Running
Here is how a knee sleeve can help you run without getting hurt.
- One of the major functions of a knee sleeve as we know it is to help keep the joints warm and in their place. When you wear the knee brace while running, the brace will help you keep your joints warm, and the blood will flow smoothly.
- This warmth, along with the added compression, will allow the knee joints to stay in their place and move within the limited space. So even if you’re injured and the knee joints cannot communicate with the brain to move properly, the knee sleeves will do the work.
- Secondly, a knee sleeve will help you run properly without worrying about any old or new knee injury. The knee sleeves will provide compression and firm support to your knees, which will help you run pain-free, and continue your training without worrying about your ligaments.
- Thirdly, the knee braces help your knees to stay firm and give them the push to help them move more quickly.
The knee sleeves for lifting and running are common gear for runners and athletes.
DMoose Knee sleeves are made up of the highest quality of elastic, lightweight, and breathable material that gives athletes’ knees a push, helping them jump up and lift quickly and perform their workouts and athletic activities efficiently.
To conclude our article, we would like to emphasize the importance and benefits a knee sleeve offers to you. What may look like a simple sleeve offers compression, stability, and firmness to your joints and helps keep them in place while keeping the swelling and pain away.
Moreover, a knee sleeve is common gym gear for many athletes and fitness enthusiasts because of the constant weight and pressure. The knee sleeves so easy and convenient for everyone are their breathability, flexibility, and firmness.
These elements mentioned above in a knee sleeve will not only offer unlimited benefits to you. They will also make sure you don’t bruise your skin and enjoy a comfortable lifting and running experience.
- Lee, Duck-chul, et al. ‘Leisure-Time Running Reduces All-Cause and Cardiovascular Mortality Risk’. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 64, no. 5, Aug. 2014, pp. 472–81. PubMed Central, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2014.04.058.
- Long-Distance Running: An Investigation Into Its Impact on Human Health | The People, Ideas, and Things (PIT) Journal. http://pitjournal.unc.edu/article/long-distance-running-investigation-its-impact-human-health.